Monday, September 10, 2012

Hi my name is Mark Spelker and my major is Graphic Design. As a child I was always told that I was very creative so I decided to put my creativity to use and go to school for it. After I graduate I would like to possibly start some sort of business of my own possibly printing t-shirts or making websites. I've already taken Art History 1 and 2 and enjoyed learning about how art has changed and where it is going in the future. I strongly feel that art is influenced by societal and political conditions because many pieces of art were created to voice the artist's opinion on a current event or situation.
One such artist is the anonymous street artist Banksy. His pieces (one which is shown above) almost always make some sort of a commentary on current events or society. If you want to learn more about Banksy or street art I highly recommend checking out the movie Exit Through The Gift Shop. A link to the trailer is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment