Monday, September 10, 2012

Art History and Me

Hello everyone my name is Marcos, I was born in Ecuador and moved here when i was 15. I'm pursuing a degree in Graphic Design and once I graduate I hope to find a job in advertisement. 

Ever since I was a kid I've always been drawn to history and though I've watch Art History documentaries for years it wasn't until about two years ago, after taking Art History I, that I realize how much art influences history and vice versa. One of my favorite periods in history has always been WWII because it displays how little humanity human being have and also because it gave birth to some of the best propaganda the world has ever seen. It is my firm believe that Hitler's PR team could make any person, business or institution look like Saint. If anyone is interested in learning more about Nazi propaganda click here. 


Here is one of my favorite pieces from that period, I would like if you guys could look at it and tell me if t you notice any similarities between this piece and works of art from earlier time periods or thing that you learn from other art history classes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment