Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello! My name is Linda Hu. I am really excited for this class because I think it will help develop my understanding of the correlation between art and history, art and culture, art and society, and so forth. Art should in some manner-- be it conceptually, visually, or mentally-- tell us about the world we live in. Art history fits into my interests and studies-- not only because Art History is my minor-- but because I want to improve my approach at producing work. But in order to progress in breadth and theme, one must look back at the masters to see what they contributed, how they were influenced by their circumstances, how they regarded antiquity. In short, you have to know the rules in order to break or expand them.

Some of my older work can be found here: Flickr and Wordpress

2 comments: