Monday, September 10, 2012

Hey Everyone





Hey everyone! My name is Shaakira Nobles and I'm majoring in English with a minor in Art History. During my sophomore year at Rutgers, I decided to minor in Art History because I always had a great appreciation for the arts. What I admire most about the arts is that its always changing and artists are always pushing the boundaries to define what art is. One of my favorite time periods is the Italian Renaissance Art because of its emphasis on classical antiquity and cultural achievements. I personally love the bold colors and compositions in many of the works including that of Michangelo and Raphael because it makes you think about what the artist is trying to say.  


I think politics and societal conditions influence art and culture to some degree. A lot of artists have and continue to use art as a response to the issues seen throughout the world whether its war, violence, political rights or environmental problems. What we experience will cause us to react to it and I think art becomes a great way to connect with people on a deeper level. 

Here's a look at some of the paintings by Raphael: http://www.italian-renaissance-art.com/Raphael.html

No comments:

Post a Comment