Thursday, September 6, 2012


Hello Everyone!

My name is Mary Leriche. My last name is French, so people have a hard time pronouncing it at times. I am half white and half black (half Haitian). I am a transfer student from Raritan Valley Community College, and this is my second year here at Rutgers. I am in the BFA program for Graphic Design, and this is the last art history class I have to take to get my minor in Art History. Once I have finished the BFA program I would like to get a job as a designer for a design company, or work on the design team of a company that has an influence on the design world. I would like to get my Master’s as soon as possible after I have saved enough money.
Like I said I am a Graphic Design Major, so art and art history are a large part of my studies and my interests. I have always liked art and drawing. I find different fields of design interesting and intriguing, like fashion design and interior design. I also love pottery, painting, and photography- especially black and white photography.
Yes I think that politics and societal conditions influence art and culture. Many times throughout history, in art and in historical documents, the state that a country is in is reflected as the creators’ emotions and surrounding are recorded. During times of ‘peace’ works are usually more serene and calm, depicting the happier side of life. During war time, or times of national tension and strife, works tend to be darker in nature, showing the turmoil that the country and its people are in.



This is a link to my website which I created in April for one of my classes, Interactive. Check it out out and enjoy!
This is an image that I was lucky to get and I like it a lot. I had my phone in my bag and it took a random picture, which resulted as a black photo with the closed zipper lit up from light that is seeping through.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary--I had your email once but can't find it, alas. Thanks so much for coming to Joe's memorial--it was kind of you and he would have appreciated it. He thought the world of you--and so do I. Let's stay in touch!

    dottiegutenkauf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete